March 29-30, 2015
Palm Sunday Service - 10:30am, March 29, 2015
What is Palm Sunday?
In ancient times, palm branches symbolized goodness and victory. They were often depicted on coins and important buildings. Solomon had palm branches carved into the walls and doors of the temple (1 Kings 6:29). Again at the end of the Bible, people from every nation raise palm branches to honor Jesus (Revelation 7:9).
Palm Sunday commemorates the entrance of Jesus into Jerusalem (Matthew 21:1-9), when palm branches were placed in his path, before his arrest on Holy Thursday and his crucifixion on Good Friday. It thus marks the beginning of Holy Week, the final week of Lent.
Holy Week Services:
- Palm Sunday Service - 10:30am, March 29, 2015
- Holy Monday - Prayer Bead Service - 7:00pm, March 30, 2015
- Holy Tuesday - Taize Service - 7:00pm, March 31, 2015
- Holy Wednesday - Tenebrae Service - 7:00pm, April 1, 2015
- Maundy Thursday Agape Meal - 5:30pm, April 2, 2015
- Maundy Thursday Service - 7:00pm, April 2, 2015
- Good Friday Stations of the Cross - 10:00am, April 3, 2015
- Good Friday Service - 3:00pm, April 3, 2015
- Holy Saturday Vigil Service - 9:00pm, April 4, 2015
- Easter Day - 10:30am, April 5, 2015